Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The day finally came. The kids are done! Lauren is done with her Senior Year, Christian-his Jr. yr and Joanthan his Sophomore year and Michael 8th grade.
Last night while Lauren was out and about, she text Mark about needing the car in the morning for graduation practice. He text her back and said, "yes, but it will have to be the Hummer." She loved that. Mark and I are so tough about what car the kids can drive that it's a major moment to get to drive the Hummer. She was in heaven today.
When Christian and Jonathan got home from school today, I hollered, "You're a Senior!" Christian yelled back, "And you can't nag me about homework tonight!" My response: "You're right but tomorrow I start nagging about studying for the ACT and SAT." Just a funny for me.
Michael played it cool. He's so done with Middle school. He's 5' 10" and growing and just too big for so many of the kids he is around. I commented that he's done with middle school. His response: "But what if I failed 8th grade?" I said, "I'd be really embarrassed for you." (He's so smart, he'd have to just sit in the desk to fail a grade) Stinker.
I am so relieved. We needed to be done. We need to finish with all of the graduation stuff over the next couple weeks. There's a lot of anticipation for the things to come and we're all feeling it.
Whew!
I really am so proud of all of us. It's been quite the school year for everyone.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I'm proud of ALL of you too!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Ellsworth Family said...

I am so proud of you all Sherry. What a year, right? Well its finally over and on to bigger and better things. Love yo guys tons!