Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Fun

I'll post pictures later but thought I'd share this story:
We got to church early to practice with the ward choir(Christian, Jonathan, Michael, Kathryn and myself). Kathryn was great during practice. She was wandering around to all of us while we sang. Jonathan sat on the back row, so she seemed to go to him more where she could move around. So when we had to actually perform, he took her back with him. Christian and Michael and I were in the middle front and 2nd rows. Our first song started out more solemn with the words talking about the crucifixion. All of a sudden I felt a rumble and thought that we were having a small earthquake only to look up and in shock see Kathryn right in front of us stepping on the lowest notes of the organ pedals! We were singing. I'm front and center. And I'm in shock. All combined for a very slow reaction. Teressa was able to snatch Kathryn quickly before there were more musical rumblings to enhance our performance! Once the men's voices took over, I was able to get Kathryn to come over and I held her through our second song. Never a dull moment.

5 comments:

Ellsworth Family said...

Love that girl! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW!! Glad to hear you have a little adventurous girl just like ours. They sure keep life interesting!

Sara C said...

That is so funny! Go Kathryn!

Julee said...

She was just trying to help, Sherry! :) So funny!

Marissa said...

Oh that was too funny when she did that! I actually thought it was the organist trying to add something to the performance, and then I saw her. Real cute!