Saturday, June 19, 2010

While You Were Sleeping



So as I took a little nap. . .





I took a 20 minute nap and woke up looking for Kathryn. She is usually right by me (Mamma's girl) but this time I had to look. She heard me and whimpered a little and held up her fingers and said "blood". Now you might think I'd freak out but I could tell that it wasn't blood. She was so worried. Soooo I just walked with her into our bathroom and found the nail polish. Then I noticed the artistic toes, too and had to take pictures.
While I was wiping her fingers and toes, Kathryn asked if I was mad.
I said, "No. If you want to paint your nails, you need to keep it only on your nails."
It occurred to me at this point that I was instructing my 3 yr old in nail painting!
#5 child, I guess.
She was so glad I wasn't mad. She can thank the first 4 kiddos and many of her aunts and uncles for that. I was just glad it wasn't all over the place. That's a first when nail polish is involved.

3 comments:

MarytheMom said...

Too cute. Oh do we have nailpolish stories. :)

Want me to wave at the MTC for you as I drive past?

MarytheMom said...

That's "Kay" as in "Mary Kay" - i use multiple identities lately. Sorry. Due to blogs, twitter, etc. Craziness

Aunt Mary

Sherrill said...

You use multiple identities? What are you CIA now? :) Yes please wave. I miss our kids